The Novo Nordisk Scholarship recognizes students who demonstrate academic excellence and a passion for a career in the research, education or treatment of diabetes, hemophilia or bleeding disorders. Candidates may also demonstrate a commitment to healthcare policy as it relates to these diseases. All successful candidates will exhibit the drive to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
- Student Eligibility Requirements (all recipients must meet the following minimum criteria):
• be enrolled full-time at an ICFNJ member college or university;
• be a junior or senior year (Class of 2020 or 2021);
• special consideration will be given to nursing, nutrition and life science majors;
• possess a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale;
• demonstrate a history of work experience with diabetic population or population with hemophilia or bleeding
• be interested in pursuing a career in the health industry;
• show a commitment to continued work in the care, education, treatment or research of diabetes, obesity,
hemophilia and/or bleeding disorders;
• demonstrate financial need as determined by your financial aid director;
• be a U.S. citizen or eligible to work in the U.S.
All Novo Nordisk Scholarship applicants should reference their experiences interacting with diabetic populations,
hemophilia or bleeding disorders. Further, students should note how they anticipate their career will impact care,
education, treatment or research in these areas.
Deadline: December 2, 2019
Candidates may apply for this competitive scholarship through ICFNJ. Each candidate must submit a completed application form with personal statement, resume, school transcript (unofficial) and letter of recommendation. Scholarships will be awarded for the 2019-20 academic year.
ICFNJ awards are sent directly to the college or university for application to recipient’s account. ICFNJ administered
scholarships must be applied to costs of attendance, e.g., tuition & fees, room & board, books & supplies and transportation. All scholarship application materials are available for download or printing on ICFNJ website, www.njcolleges.org. A guide for compiling an application is also available on the website.
Please refer any questions to Yvette Panella, Scholarship Coordinator, 908-277-3424.
The application can be found here.