ORNL Pathways to Computing Internship Program (PCIP) – Summer 2020
The ORNL Pathways to Computing Internship Program at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) is a 10-week summer program that provides undergraduate students with research projects in computer science, computational science, and mathematics. Students will learn under the direction of ORNL research staff and will participate on projects in diverse domains including computer science, health data science, and climate science. Selected interns will have access to ORNL’s leadership-class facilities, including Summit, the world’s most powerful supercomputer.
Application deadline in January 15, 2020
NJ Transit 2020 Summer Internship Information Technology Intern
In this role interns will :
- Develop an understanding of our services, customers, organizational goals, and business approach to classify improvement needs.
- Build user journeys, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, and mockups that clearly define the user experience.
- Create an intuitive interface with extreme attention to details and a mobile-first mindset which includes projects,websites, landing pages, microsites, apps, screens, and more.
- Understand the latest knowledge of the UX/UI best practices, trend, and technologies.
2020 Fred Hutch Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP)
The SURP is an intensive, 9-week internship designed to provide research experience and mentorship for rising-senior undergraduate students who are interested in biomedical research. Under the guidance of a faculty mentor, students will:
- Complete an independent research project;
- Attend weekly research seminars;
- Participate in professional development workshops designed to facilitate the preparation of competitive applications for graduate or medical school;
- Present their findings at a competitive poster session.
Applications are due January 10, 2020.
Professional Development Program (PDP) Internship – Data Science Summer 2020
BASF’s Data Science Summer Internship is created to provide highly motivated, mobile-minded current university students an opportunity to enhance their professional skills through a variety of diverse learning experiences. Participants will contribute to leading-edge data science projects and will be guided to apply data science skills in a real-world setting. The Intern will be ‘hands-on’ and work on projects to execute deliverables during all phases of an analytics project, starting from project definition to completion.
Learn more and apply here.
Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships
The Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI) program encourages undergraduate students and recent graduates to pursue science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) careers by providing research experiences at the Department of Energy (DOE) laboratories. Selected students participate as interns appointed at one of 17 participating DOE laboratories/facilities. They perform research, under the guidance of laboratory staff scientists or engineers, on projects supporting the DOE mission. Applications are due January 9, 2020 at 5:00pm EST.
Merck 2020 Chemistry Future Talent Program
The Future Talent Program features co-ops that last up to six months and include one or more projects. These opportunities in Merck’s research labs can provide great personal development and a chance to see if Merck is the right company for your long-term goals.
Looking for more?
The Launch Career Communities Internships of the Week blog is posted every Tuesday morning in every career community. Be sure to check out Handshake for more opportunities. Need help with an application? The Center for Internships and Career Development offers one-on-one coaching for interviews, resume/cover letter review and more. Sign up today on Handshake for an appointment!