HR Specialist / Recruitment – H1b Sponsorship available
More info here.
Intern – International
NNSC works with communities to reduce violence, minimize arrest and incarceration, and increase trust between law enforcement and the public. For over 20 years, we’ve invented and implemented original solutions to important public safety problems; made those solutions available for evaluation, replication, and advocacy; and shaped the public discourse based on new facts on the ground.
NNSC seeks a part-time or full-time student intern to support its International team. NNSC’s International portfolio was officially launched in 2017. In a short period of time, the International team has established multi-year partnerships in Mexico and Sweden. The IIT has also completed analytic work in El Salvador and has a range of ongoing exploratory conversations with countries as diverse as Australia, Colombia, Brazil and South Africa.
Essential Job Function & Responsibilities:
· Assist with the planning and execution of NNSC conferences, working sessions, and other events as assigned;
· Research violence dynamics; pursue independent analysis of regionally specific responses to violence;
· Monitor and report media, recent trends and developments of international crime and violence dynamics, as well as violence reduction trends domestically or abroad;
· Assist in the development and organization of workshops and events;
· Assist the preparation of reports and documents in English and Spanish;
· Participate in partnership development, including possible proposal development.
· Help to maintain and update databases;
- Additional duties as assigned.
· Skills with Microsoft Excel
· Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing in English.
· Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing in English in Spanish/Portuguese strongly preferred
· Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program in a related field
· Demonstrated interest in and commitment to violence reduction
· Strong analytical, writing, and verbal communication skills
· Mature judgment, ability to maintain confidentiality, and a self-starter
· Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and letter of interest at http://bit.ly/nnsc-apply. Email applications will not be considered. Your letter of interest should describe your interest in and qualifications for this position and how you learned of this vacancy
NNSC Interns are unpaid. Intern can receive payment, if currently receiving work study at any CUNY campus, or can receive outside compensation/funding for internship activities for duration of the internship, or can receive class credit for internship activities through any accredited college/university program. To qualify for college credit, students are responsible for obtaining advance approval from their institution for using their internship for college credit while at the NNSC.
More info here.
Studio Production Summer Intern, Macy’s Parade Studio
We are looking for 4 students to enlist in a 10 week full-time paid program, covering all sides of the creative process. The students will be immersed in everything we do in our parade studio including but not limited to carpentry, sculpting, painting, electrical and welding. Perform other duties as assigned.
Application deadline May 11th, 2020.
- Works as a carpenter, welder, fabricator on floats and other studio projects.
- Acts as a crewmember on installations, set ups and take downs.
- Acts as a crew member for parade set up and other events as needed.
- Participates in the installation and implementation of special projects, including Seasonal Events, Marquee Elements and Flower Show.
- Collaborates with design studio manager and the production manager on methods of project engineering and planning.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned by director of production and/or production manager.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Must be skilled and experienced in carpentry, welding/metal fabrication and general rigging.
- Knowledge or experience in electrics, plumbing and hydraulics a plus.
- Must be able to read scale drawings and basic schematics.
- Must be able to perform “cabinet level” finish work on all projects.
- Must be able to job requires physical lifting, pulling, pushing 25-50 lbs.
- Must be self-directed, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be flexible to the needs of the business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items 25-50 pounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Looking for more?
The Launch Career Communities Internships &Jobs of the Week blog is posted every Tuesday morning in every career community. Be sure to check out Handshake for more opportunities. Here is more information on Understanding Job Postings: How to Stay Safe on Handshake
Need help with an resume or cover letter? The Center for Internships and Career Development offers one-on-one coaching for interviews, resume/cover letter review and more. Sign up today on Handshake for an appointment!