JOB ALERT! Full time Positions in Public Health in NYC and NJ: Contact Tracers + More
Are you interested in a career in Public Health? In NYC: In addition to open positions as COVID-19 Contract Tracers, there are loads of other positions at the Fund for Public Health NYC . FPHNYC is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. In New Jersey: New Jersey has put out a call seeking to hire coronavirus contact tracers, a key component of Gov. Phil Murphy’s plan to slowly scale back some the near-lockdown restrictions that have been in place for months. The positions could be paid or volunteer work, according to a contact tracer registration form on the state’s COVID-19 website. Tracers would be given a 12-part course as state officials plan to have people working every day of the week in the positions.
Remote Summer Internship: Expanding Volunteers for Senior Shoppers Program
Jewish Family Service of Somerset, Hunterdon, and Warren Counties is a not-for-profit, non-sectarian social service agency whose purpose is to preserve and strengthen the quality of individual, family and community life based on Jewish values. We provide a variety of services to the community and one of these programs is our Senior Shopper Program. The Senior Shopper Program is for senior citizens in Somerset County who can no longer do their weekly grocery shopping on their own. Volunteers are screened, trained, and matched with a senior to do their weekly grocery shopping. Together, our volunteers help shop for approximately 40 senior citizens in Somerset County.
We are seeking an intern to assist the Volunteer Coordinator in expanding the volunteer program. The intern will work on a variety of projects. If you would enjoy working with a diverse team please consider applying for this position. This position is unpaid and remote with flexible work hours totaling 8-10 hours per week.
To find out more and how to apply, visit the posting on Handshake.
Interested in Sustainability or Food Systems? Remote Internship Opportunity w/ Local Non-Profit
Illuminate Food is a recent start-up non profit organization based in Maplewood whose purpose is to connect consumers with their food and local farms, and to heal the food system in our country. They are seeking an intern to manage social media, assisting in the growth of the organization. Hours are flexible and can be done as a two or four credit internship. “The modern food system has been built at the expense of our health, land and communities. There is momentum growing around sustainable farming practices and as consumers, we can shift our choices to support these practices and the farmers paving the way. Which at the same time, can improve the environment, the local economy and our personal health.”
Responsibilities would include:
- Create content for Illuminate Food social media channels.
- Follow Daily News related to sustainable agriculture and supply chains
- Manage day-to-day social media communities (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) including writing, optimization, and responding to inquiries.
- Drive content strategy for social media efforts and marketing initiatives.
- Grow the social media following and engagement, driving conversation, loyalty and affinity.
- Prepare monthly content analysis reports and weekly top-line metrics reporting.
- Follow social and cultural trends, including emerging conversations, brands, relevant competition platforms, tools, etc.
- Identify relevant influencers and engagement tactics
- Advise on the execution of paid social media campaigns across Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Interested candidates should email their letter of interest and a resume to Melissa Pierre at firstname.lastname@example.org (side note: Melissa is Steph Mazzarella’s sister-in-law 🙂 )
Full time AmeriCorps Positions with Impact America
Impact America engages recent graduates and college students to address community needs, empowering a generation through collaborative efforts to promote change in the communities we serve. Positions are available in Alabama, Tennessee and South Carolina.
AmeriCorps Members serving with Impact America engage with communities through Impact’s three initiatives: FocusFirst, SaveFirst, and SpeakFirst.
· FocusFirst ensures that children in urban and rural communities receive comprehensive vision care during their crucial formative years.
· SaveFirst provides free tax preparation to facilitate economic improvement for working families.
· SpeakFirst uses academic debate as a platform to support middle school and high school Birmingham students and to guide them on a path toward college excellence.
Corps Members plan and execute all initiatives that operate in their state of service, as well as recruit and manage the service of college students as they participate in those initiatives. Corps Members are in the community every day, collaborating with community partners and interacting with a diverse group of people, ranging from preschoolers to college students to working parents.
Benefits include a monthly living stipend, health insurance, education award, student loan forbearance.
For more information and application instructions visit the posting on Handshake.
Looking for More?
The Launch Career Communities Internships & Jobs of the Week blog is posted every Tuesday in every career community. Be sure to check out Handshake for more opportunities. Here is more information on Understanding Job Postings: How to Stay Safe on Handshake
Need help with an resume or cover letter? The Center for Internships and Career Development offers one-on-one coaching for interviews, resume/cover letter review and more all virtually during the summer months! Sign up today on Handshake for an virtual appointment!
Please understand that due to the fluidity of the current situation, you may discover some positions are not available.