Students who complete their profile are more likely to be contacted by a recruiter on Handshake.
More than 500,000 employers are seeking talent on Handshake. Add academics, activities, and career interests to your profile. Use the events page to RSVP for our upcoming programs and events.
Check out these 500 awesome employers who are actively hiring on RIGHT NOW: learn.joinhandshake.com/students/hirin
Interested in working in tech? Check out this list learn.joinhandshake.com/students/tech-…
Handshake has more opportunities for students and recent grads than anywhere else! The best thing to do to stand out to employers is complete your profile – show off your experiences and skills and share what your career interests are.
Here are some easy steps to get you started:
- Log in. Drew already set up a Handshake account for you. Just go to Handshake and follow the prompts to log in and get started.
- Introduce yourself. Your profile is your time to shine, so don’t be shy about listing your accomplishments. Because the more potential employers know about you, the better the chance they’ll reach out. Make sure to list all of your hard work — in the classroom and out — in your profile. Did you know that you can upload your resume and your Handshake profile will auto-pull tons of information? Save yourself the effort of writing information multiple times; then you’ll only have to fill in any blanks!
- Tell employers what you want to do and where you want to be. Set your preferences for the types of jobs and locations you’re interested in, so Handshake can find the right opportunities for you. Because searching through hundreds of job postings or internships that don’t fit isn’t a good use of your time. Don’t worry, you can update your preferences as often as you want!
- Explore different organizations and companies on Handshake. Follow different organizations and companies for updates. Recruiters often check who is following them, which can help you get on their radar and ensure you get first alerts for new opportunities!
- Strengthen you profile with additional information. Fill out specific courses, skills and talents that could be relevant to your future career. This will give prospective employers a better idea of all the special skills you have to offer! Be sure to add any volunteering, internships or work that you’ve already completed to your profile. This allows prospective employers to see your previous (or current) responsibilities. A photo can help put a face to your name — this is particularly useful if you’ve made a connection with a recruiter on campus at an event.
Read advice and best practices from Handshake in FortuneMagazine.
Do you need more information? Reach out to the Career Center if you need any assistance! We are here for you! Follow these steps top schedule a virtual appointment on Handshake to meet with the Career Center Staff.