Sexuality Educator Intern (Remote)
Masakhane Center is seeking passionate, motivated people to join our education team! This is a remote internship that provides online workshops to young people in and around the Newark, NJ community. Interns receive extensive training on a variety of sexuality topics and workshop facilitation techniques.
This internship is unpaid.
- Facilitate online sexuality education workshops for young people.
- Create and execute a significant project that utilizes current skills and interests, and are in line with Masakhane’s needs.
- Assist with social media planning and daily posting.
- Assist in the occasional planning and execution of special events.
This internship runs from September 8, 2020 to May 13, 2021.
Interns must attend a mandatory online training on the following days/times:
- September 8th – October 1st
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
After completing training, interns must be available to work at least 15 hours per week. These hours must be completed Tuesdays, Wednesdays and/or Thursdays between the hours of 8:00 am and 6:30 pm.
- All interns can list Masakhane as job experience on their resume after their internship.
- Interns will have the opportunity to participate in networking events as well as any events attended or organized by Masakhane.
- Successful interns will receive a strong letter of recommendation.
HOW TO APPLY
The application deadline is September 1st. Apply by submitting an application via our website here . Applicants are usually contacted within 48 hours. Please do not make follow-up calls.
WE ARE SEEKING PEOPLE WHO…
- Advocate for sex positive, pleasure-focused education.
- Advocate for reproductive justice, including full abortion rights and the rights of young pregnant and parenting folks.
- Advocate for the rights of people marginalized for their orientations, gender alignments and/or expressions.
- Have the ability to livestream or record themselves discussing a variety of sexuality topics. Interns must have reliable internet access during working hours.
- Have the ability to use (or learn to use) Microsoft Office365 and Google Classrooms.
- Are organized, reliable and creative.
- Have demonstrated the ability to work within a team and independently.
sexuality education, social media, creativity, workshop facilitation, working with children, community outreach, history, teaching, young people, gender, workshops, parenting, community, microsoft access, scheduling.
Looking for More?
Students from all majors looking for work should consider Jobs in the NJ State Government. They are hiring, the benefits are great, and there are many opportunities. Check out the link for more information including a recorded meeting at Drew with an Civil Service HR rep!
Virtual Volunteering Opportunities / Possible Jobs and Internships: To encourage all of us to keep giving back, the Center for Civic Engagement has created a list of Virtual Volunteering Opportunities. If you are looking for an internship or even a job, and one of these organizations interests you: Contact them to inquire!
Interested in learning about careers in the Federal Government? The Federal Government offers unique hiring paths to help hire individuals that represent our diverse society. Did you know that only about 15% of federal jobs are in the Washington, D.C. metro area while approximately 83% are found in multiple locations throughout the country and the remaining 2% are outside the United States? The federal application process is very structured—the hiring agency must follow a specific review process and vetting system. This process helps agencies hire the best qualified people, while being fair to all applicants. To learn more about each hiring path, the application process, and your eligibility, here’s a great resource USA JOBS. USAJOBS is offering several great webinars on Interviewing, Writing Your Federal Resume, and Navigating USAJOBS – Finding and Applying for Federal Jobs. Check out all the events open to students on usajobs.gov/Notification/E…
The Launch Career Communities Internships & Jobs of the Week blog is posted every Tuesday in every career community. Be sure to check out Handshake for more opportunities. Here is more information on Understanding Job Postings: How to Stay Safe on Handshake
Need help with an resume or cover letter? The Center for Internships and Career Development offers one-on-one coaching for interviews, resume/cover letter review and more all virtually during the summer months! Sign up today on Handshake for an virtual appointment!
Please understand that due to the fluidity of the current situation, you may discover some positions are not available.