Student Spotlight: Valerie Boffa C’22

Valerie Boffa C’22

I loved the feeling I had while on campus and how kind everyone was, plus it was close to home and affordable.

Did you know what you wanted to major in when you started at Drew?

Not at all, I changed my mind three times! I first thought about History, then Communications, and now I’m majoring in Computer Science.  I’ve always gravitated towards technology out of pure fascination and I also want to better understand how it works because it is so heavily integrated into our everyday lives.

There are many people I look to as mentors at Drew University, Title IX Coordinator and my Coach Joshua Williams, Financial Aid Advisor Steven Schaber, and Launch Catalyst Yasmin Acosta.

What are a few highlights of Drew?

There’s honestly nothing even close to life in the Forest! It really is a tight knit community. 

Mental Health Awareness is definitely the issue I’m most passionate about because I personally know how bad it feels to be in pain and feel alone! As a first-generation student I’ve been a victim of Imposter Syndrome throughout my life.

I hope to pursue a Master’s in Software Engineering and would like to work in pharmaceuticals or maybe even the gaming industry!

Fun fact you would like to share?

I’m double jointed!