At the Beginning of the Internship
- Fill out confirmation form, provided by the student
- Confirm the position is listed in Handshake, and that the student has accepted the position
During the Internship
- Provide training and regular supervision, feedback and continued mentoring throughout the experience (link evaluation)
- Allow interns to participate in professional development training as part of their employment
- Make yourself available for an informational interview conducted by the intern
- Provide mid-internship performance evaluations
- Provide a structure through which the majority of a student’s time is spent on activities that further develop their skills and professional experience that adheres to the internship description and duties posted on Handshake
- Assure that the student will have the necessary hours to meet the internship requirement, and sign off on all required timesheets
- Give student access to contextual information about the department and their internship role; if possible, provide them with opportunities to explore different function.
At the End of the Internship
- Provide end of internship performance evaluations
- Sign off on final timesheets
- Support the student(s) on products and portfolio materials as needed
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org!