Your student made a smart move in choosing Drew—and getting all the benefits of Launch along with it. Maybe you’re familiar with Launch from an open house, or maybe you’re curious after hearing your son or daughter mention it. You’ve come to the right place to learn more about Launch, our new undergraduate experience that puts Drew students on the path to life and career readiness.
Explore the powerful opportunities available on Launchpad. Resources found here help Drew students to:
Build Mentor Networks
Drew Connect is our online gateway for students, alums, parents or family members, and community members to form purposeful mentorship connections. And our Career Communities and Affinity/Identity Communities provide curated spaces for expanding networks and accessing opportunities in shared areas of interest.
Become a Mentor
Mentors are the rocket fuel for Launch. You make a meaningful contribution to a promising Drew student while adding to the world’s good. So head over to Drew Connect, create an account, and join one or more of our Career or Identity/Affinity Communities. It’s that easy.
More Ways to Engage
You can make a major difference in the life, impact or success of a Drew student:
- Share Career Insights. Students love to hear the inside scoop from guest speakers and panelists.
- Tap New Talents. Help us identify the skills your industry wants—and we can teach.
- Partner on Research. Collaboration with Drew advances knowledge in more ways than one.
- Find an Intern. Our students make top-notch interns (and future coworkers).
- Hire a Graduate. Drewids are workplace ready from day one.
- Learn About Clubs and Events. Something is always happening at Drew. Your student can get in on the action of this dynamic on-campus community through our Events or Experience pages.
- Find Immersive Experiences. Every Drew student graduates with at least two real-world experiences, from research to internships to study abroad. Check under the Explore Opportunities and How To tabs for the many exciting ways to fulfill our immersive learning requirements.
- Explore Job Opportunities. Central to Launch is career development and readiness for every student. Launchpad can connect your student with internships, on-campus employment, and full-time jobs and employers.
Like what you see? Get involved! We value the expertise of parents and family members and encourage you to join our Launch mentorship network.
Kevin Oates C’20
Minors: Italian and Political Science
Part of Drew’s 4+1 MAT program
Phi Alpha Theta: National Honor Society in History
Delta Kappa Pi: National Honor Society in Education
Gamma Kappa Alpha: National Honor Society in Italian
Attending College As A Pagan Student
Everyone experiences a transition to college. This article from the Learn Religions website offers advice to Pagan students on topics such as practice their faith in residence hall rooms and meeting other Pagan students. Read the article.
College Attendance For Hispanics Increases, But Disparities Persist
For Hispanic students the dream of going to college is happening in greater numbers. But in spite of this positive growth, disparity still persists in terms of four year graduation rates. Read this interesting article from PBS News Hour to …