Registering Your Internship
Internships may be registered for zero, one, two, three, or four credits at Drew University and can fulfill the off-campus experience requirement or immersive experience requirement for Drew students. Follow the steps below to register and complete your internship to earn credits towards your degree.
- Complete the Internship Application Form to send us some basic information about your proposed internship and goals;
- After you’ve completed the form in the previous step, you’ll receive permission to register for the INTC-200 course. It is your responsibility to enroll in the course if you wish to receive credit for the internship. Instructions on how to register for classes in Treehouse can be found on the Registrar’s Office website.
- Complete the INTC-200 course requirements in Google Classroom. Note that all assignments must be completed by the posted deadlines in order for you to receive credit for your internship.
You are expected to work a set amount of hours depending on how many credits you are registered for. Only active work hours during the dates of the term you register for will count towards your minimum required hours:
- 0 credits = 35 hours onsite
- 1 credit = 35 hours onsite
- 2 credits = 75 hours onsite
- 3 credits = 120 hours onsite
- 4 credits = 165 credits onsite
INTC-200 is a Pass/No-Credit course. A grade of Pass will be awarded after successful completion of course requirements by the course deadlines.
Summer and January internships are registered and recorded as a Summer or January course, but the credits will appear on your transcript during the following semester (provided all requirements have been met).
International students can find more information and immigration guidance on working in the US in the Student Career Resources section of the ISSS website. International students should note the following requirements for work authorization approval:
- All international students must register their internships to abide by CPT regulations
- Review the CPT process at Drew
- In addition to the INTC 200 registration process, international students must provide an offer letter from their employer to International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS)
- Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and ISSS at email@example.com for more information
Degree Internship Requirements
Note that some majors/minors and academic programs may require a for-credit internship, including: Business Studies, Civic Engagement, Environmental Studies, Pan-African Studies, and Women’s Studies. Internship credits may also be applied to the Arts Administration, Environmental Studies, Spanish and Writing minors. Approval for any majors/minors must be discussed with the chairperson or director of that department.
Per credit charges may be added to your bill if you are not enrolled full-time or if you are registered for more than 21 credits (or less than 12 credits) during the Fall or Spring. These fees will also be assessed for students participating in internships in the Summer and Winter terms. Fees change, so please check with Student Accounts located in Brother’s College or email firstname.lastname@example.org before getting your internship registered. Both paid and unpaid internships are acceptable for credit.
- 0 credit INTC-200: No fee
- 1 credit INTC-200: $150.00
- 2 credit INTC-200: $300.00
- 3 credit INTC-200: $450.00
- 4 credit INTC-200: $600.00