Calling all young, powerful youth activists across the country. Our applications are now open! All applications are due May 16th, 2021! Learn about our programs below.
Join our Youth Activist Network to be one of 130 youth activists aged 14-24 in a year-long fellowship who receive training, support, and $600 per semester to organize for reproductive justice in your community! Those accepted will receive in-depth training at our virtual Youth Activist Institute in September, and be flown to Washington, DC in January for a life-changing experience networking with youth activists and building organizing skills.
Joining our Youth Activist Network is how so many change-makers get their start in activism, make friends with activists across the country, and begin to build their power as organizers.
Our activists have used our training and resources to bring gender-neutral housing to their campus, pass state legislation expanding abortion access, urge their campuses to adopt better policies to combat sexual assault, advocate for better HIV policies in their cities, educate their communities about LGBTQ Muslims, and so much more. Each council works on different issue areas related to young people’s reproductive and sexual health. Take a look at each program page below for more information.
Accepted applicants will get two $600 stipends (one per semester). Responsibilities include:
- Speaking about the work of your council on your campus or in your local community
- Attending virtual council meetings
- Checking in with your council coordinator, a member of Advocates for Youth staff who can provide advice and guide your activism
- Planning, promoting, and participating in weeks of action (here’s an example from Abortion Out Loud, and here’s an example from YWOC4RJ.)
- Creating content such as newsletters, brochures, and social media toolkits (here’s an example from #FreeThePill Youth Council).
- Speaking to media about issues if you’re comfortable (we provide training!)
- Click below to read more about the council you’re interested in joining, as each council has unique qualifications and priorities.
Before applying, learn about our programs HERE and decide which one you’d like to apply to.