Allendale opened its doors nearly 125 years ago to help youth living in the city streets of Chicago or in home situations ill-equipped to meet their childhood needs. Those children, like the youth we serve today needed a place to learn..grow…heal. Today, Allendale serves over 900 children and their families, annually. Our goal is to provide safe homes, high-quality specialized education and vocational training options; and clinical services to children and their families, while recovering from severe childhood trauma. We focus on helping youth who have progressed in treatment and are working toward self-sufficiency or returning to home environments. Our programs emphasize community involvement and community integration as part of the individualized treatment goals.
If you are motivated by a challenge and have the ambition to take a successful program to the next level, you may be the ideal candidate. Please apply if you enjoy mission-driven employment where your work can make a significant impact and help change lives for the better. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, continuous training, and an education assistance program within an environment that promotes professional growth and learning.
We are seeking, full time Paraprofessional / Teacher Aide in Lake Villa, and North Chicago, IL. locations to provide direct care and supervision of clients within the milieu in accordance with the agency treatment program including Agency Behavior Treatment Plan (ABTP) and Universal Rules. Under direct supervision of Teaching staff, provides assistance in the area of instruction and classroom management to ensure a quality learning environment for the students. Under the direct supervision on the Unit Coordinator, implements individual and group programming on the units during non-school days.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, continuous training, and an education assistance program within an environment that promotes professional growth and learning.
- Associate’s Degree or higher and a High School Diploma or GED or 60 Semester hours of course work and a High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Experience in a residential setting.
- School Bus Driver Permit.
- Under the supervision of the assigned teacher, implements instructional programs and lesson plans within small groups and one-on-one sessions.
- Understands and implements Allendale’s Universal Rules and treatment program. Implements behavioral plans in accordance with the treatment plan and/or IEP. Utilizes restrictive interventions which includes the ability to physically restrain clients when a danger to self or others in accordance with Rule 384.
- Attends and actively participates in school clinical and team meetings, agency trainings, and residential team meetings when appropriate. Maintains compliance in all required agency trainings (i.e.: TCI, CPR/1st Aid, etc.)
- Provides direct care and supervision of residents in unit program areas during the morning routine, non-school days and at other times as appropriate.
- Assists in the preparation of instructional materials and bulletin board displays. Assists with maintaining a clean and organized milieu. Ensures classroom computers and equipment are in working order. Reports maintenance needs/work requests to appropriate personnel.
- Assists Teaching staff and Recreation staff in providing basic instruction and supervision in ancillary subjects to students in areas such as music, art, physical education, leisure activities, etc.
- Assists with student record keeping such as point system, grades, and filing. Assists in presenting written progress reports on students and communicating these reports to other staff at appropriate times.
- Assists in the planning, implementation and supervision of clients in recreation activities during school vacations and holidays.
- Completes behavioral documentation and assigned Medicaid Billings. Documents shift activities on the unit.
- Administers medication and follows medical procedures for residents as directed by the Health Services Director.
- Transports youth to prescribed off-campus sites.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
For over 120 years, our mission has been dedicated to helping children and families overcome the overwhelming impact of severe emotional and behavior issues and trauma through services and programs that create opportunities for children to learn, grow and heal.
Job type: Full time
Location: Lake Villa, IL
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
All employment is contingent on an educational, motor vehicle, and criminal background check.
Connect with us on Facebook ( The Allendale Association), Twitter (@Allendale1),
and LinkedIn ( Allendale Association)
Related search terms: Child Care, Work with children, Kids, Direct Care, Social Services, Social Work, Human Services, Children, Family, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Crisis Intervention, Psychology, Non-profit, Children, Family , Kids, Sociology,Education, Teacher’s Aide, Special Needs
To keep our employees as safe as possible we’ve provided plastic barriers, masks, gloves, and hand sanitize.