Check with your internship coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
Nonprofit seeking a Social Media/Communications Intern!
The Social Media Content Creator/PR Intern will play a key role in supporting and promoting the work of the American Friends of Jamaica. A few roles this job requires includes:
- Research the latest trends that our donors and competitors are talking about.
- Create content database
- Help coordinate press releases and manage logistics
- Come up with different posts for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and any other social media channel we use to promote our brand.
- Choose what pictures we will post for each channel and create efficient and effective captions.
- Research any hot topics that we can talk about to draw more followers to our pages.
- Assist with website updates.
- Help manage media outreach and schedule interviews
- Assist with pitches and other necessary tasks
This position requires an individual with a dynamic and engaging personality who is also:
- Outgoing and energetic with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative and is able to identify quick solutions
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong computer proficiency skills that include managing sponsor information in large databases
- Works well in a small office, team environment
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team
- Able to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Word Suite Google Apps
- Social Media Analytics and Graphic Design a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator and Final Cut Pro/iMovie a plus
- A penchant for graphic design
- familiar with Canva and VSDC
- Affinity a plus but not mandatory.
- Will work with student’s institution for credit
The American Friends of Jamaica (AFJ) is a US registered 501 c (3) nonprofit that was established in 1982 to support charitable efforts in Jamaica. We have partnered with individuals, foundations and corporations to support over 350 organizations dedicated to improving life for Jamaicans. Together, we have awarded over U$14 million in grants that positively impact the quality of education, healthcare, and economic development in Jamaica. Our interns learn by doing; by helping us to carry out our mission and vision, you will have an opportunity to make a real impact, develop personally and professionally, and learn the ins and outs of a non-profit organization.