Arnold & Porter has several Legal Resource Assistant openings in the DC office. Legal Resource Assistants assist attorneys and other legal personnel with administrative, organizational and research work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing, editing, and proofreading legal documents.
- Assisting with trial preparation including organizing trial exhibits, notebooks, charts, graphs, and other visual aids.
- Managing calendars and schedules by coordinating meetings, conference calls, and appointments.
- Entering and processing expenses and invoices.
- Coordinating and scheduling attorney travel.
- Maintaining an awareness of attorneys’ caseloads and statuses.
- Establishing and maintaining attorneys’ files.
- Working with Excel and PowerPoint for a variety of assignments.
- A minimum of a high school diploma, with a bachelors or two-year degree preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Strong skills in MSWord, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook, various databases and Internet research skills.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time appropriately.
- A proficiency with standard office procedures working in a team/collaborative environment.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.
Applicants should submit their resume and cover letter.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.