The Operations Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for an Office Coordinator/Administrative Assistant in the Newark, NJ office. The Coordinator will assist the Newark office’s attorneys with administrative, organizational and research needs as well as coordinate the facilities, operations, accounting and technology needs of the small office. The Office Coordinator/Administrative Assistant also will virtually assist the NY office attorneys as well as attorneys in other U.S. offices with administrative, organizational and research work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Meeting, greeting and welcoming clients, guests and office employees.
- Answering incoming telephone calls, transferring appropriately and handling routine inquiries.
- Ordering, receiving and coordinating food deliveries and notifying employees of deliveries.
- Scheduling conference rooms and equipment needs with IT.
- Scheduling local transportation for clients, guests and attorneys, as needed.
- Maintaining facility and vendor schedules and relationships.
- Coordinating with building management to ensure facility maintenance and safety.
- Establishing and promoting participation in conservation and recycling programs.
- Ordering and coordinating basic pantry supplies for ongoing or special needs.
- Fostering and maintaining a relationship with the building management office. Contacting and following up with building management re: service requests when necessary, i.e., HVAC, Lighting, etc.
- Processing invoices daily, logs in vendor documents and maintaining accurate and up-to-date invoice records.
- Coordinating marketing and related office events and functions.
- Coordinating Newark office events/initiatives and assisting with NY office events/ initiatives as needed.
- Overseeing vendors and outsourcing entities (i.e., Williams Lea, courier, etc.).
- Coordinating the preparation and distribution of financial, productivity and workflow analyses and reports.
- Preparing, editing and proofreading legal papers and correspondence of legal nature such as contracts, agreements, summons, complaints, motions and subpoenas from draft or dictated text.
- Coordinating the workflow for attorneys on a regular basis.
- Editing client prebills as directed by the attorneys and processing all client billing in accordance with the Firm’s policies and procedures with assistance from the Billing Department.
- Ability to set-up new client matters, completes client label requests and request on-site and off-site client files with assistance from the firm’s Records and Conflicts & Client Intake Departments.
- Accurately and efficiently arranging travel for attorneys via the firm’s Travel Department.
- Inputting, editing and finalizing attorney time into the firm’s time entry system.
- Managing Outlook calendar and assists in meeting deadlines.
- Coordinating meetings including: reserving conference rooms, ordering meals, arranging for any IT equipment needed (i.e., laptop, projector, audio/video equipment), sending Outlook meeting requests, etc.
- Scheduling appointments, answering the telephone in a courteous and professional manner, taking messages, updating the attorneys’ contact lists, providing transcription/dictation services, preparing, editing and proofreading routine correspondence, organizing and routing incoming mail and arranging conference calls and/or video conference calls.
- Entering and processing expenses and invoices through Chrome River.
- Filing correspondence and legal documents electronically and manually.
- Ensuring proper indexing and filing of original legal documents and deposition transcripts.
- Using Nuance or other software to convert PDFs to MS Word documents.
- College degree preferred.
- A minimum of two years prior professional services or office experience.
- A minimum typing speed of 50+ wpm.
- Proficiency in all the of the Firm’s software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Nuance, Chrome River, DTE, Time Entry, etc.).
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to deal effectively with all levels of people in demanding, high stress situations.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
- Proficiency with legal terminology and standard legal procedures.
- Excellent administrative and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong database and Internet research skills.
- Ability to multitask and have a sense of urgency with the workload.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.