This is an opportunity to join Ascot Group one of the world’s pre-eminent specialty risk assumption Organizations as a Summer Intern.
We are a modern era company operating through an ecosystem of interconnected global operating platforms bound by a common mission and purpose. We utilize every aspect of our global operating platform as part of a unified system aligned around common underwriting, product and distribution strategies. What we call…A Single View of Risk.
Our greatest strength is our talented colleagues, who flourish within a collaborative, inclusive and entrepreneurial culture steeped in underwriting excellence, integrity and a passion to find a better way. This is what we call…The Ascot Way.
Our Summer Internship Program is designed to give high performing undergraduate/graduate students a deep understanding of our business and to ignite your passion for working in the specialty insurance industry. Through this program, you will gain meaningful, real-world experience while developing professional and functional skills. For those who excel in the program, we would welcome the opportunity to discuss full-time opportunities at Ascot after graduation.
What you can expect from us:
• 9 week experience with hands on learning as well as experiential and class room style learning.
• Training to develop your technical skills.
• Work as a team on a final project to be presented to our Executive Leadership Team.
• Continuous coaching, feedback and mentoring.
• The opportunity to network with employees, leaders and other interns.
Title: Intern, Strategy Corporate Development
Location: New York, NY
Ascot’s Strategy & Corporate Development department, based in New York, has an exciting summer internship opportunity for an ambitious individual with strong finance, presentation, and project management skills as well as an interest in the insurance or financial services industry.
The Strategy & Corporate Development team is the central resource for all new business and strategic initiatives across Ascot. As a summer analyst, you will directly engage with senior leaders across all divisions of Ascot to analyze a wide variety of new business opportunities including M&A, strategic partnerships, and other organic growth initiatives. You will also play a significant role managing cross-functional projects, producing company and product specific marketing/communication materials, preparing pro-forma financials and returns models, and helping colleagues build, quantify, and communicate business and operational strategies.
Work closely with Ascot’s North America and Global Executive Group on a broad range of new business initiatives including inorganic and organic market entry and expansion initiatives. Identify, research, evaluate, conduct due diligence, and integrate acquisitions, investments, partnerships, program relationships, and other business ventures. Assist in the development of new business lines and other business development initiatives on top of formulating Ascot Group’s corporate strategy. Advise on potential acquisition opportunities, strategic alternatives and industry dynamics in the insurance space. Evaluate the profitability and strategic fit of new business lines Collaborate with external consultants and internal team members to conduct due diligence on target company’s operations, systems, financials and legal agreements. Summarize findings into valuation and negotiation processes and prepare various internal presentations for the executive management and board of directors. Assist in integrating various purchased legal entities and underwriting teams.
• Prepare company valuations including using various methodologies including discounted cash flow, leveraged buyout, trading comparables and transaction comparables
• Build detailed financial models to evaluate performance under various operating scenarios and to analyze the impacts of different capital structures and potential M&A transactions
• Summarize findings into valuation and negotiation processes and prepare various internal presentations for the executive management and board of directors.
• Build financial models; compile, examine and interpret financial data for use in financial analysis and forecasting
• Conduct P&C insurance company and industry research
• Actively enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in their penultimate year (i.e., class of 2023)
• Strong GPA; 3.5 or higher preferred
• Leadership experience through work or involvement in community service, athletics, clubs, or other activities preferred
• Demonstrable record of high achievement, analytical thinking, self-motivation, and relationship building
• Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment and enjoy collaborating with others
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Prior work experience with accounting, financial or market data, databases, or analysis tools (Factset, SNL Financial, Capital IQ), Excel, PowerPoint is preferred