Hiring multiple, temporary positions. Positions are available at the bachelor’s, master’s, and postdoctoral levels. Multiple locations across the US. Apply here today.
COVID-19 Laboratory Associates use and expand their skill set while assisting public health laboratories with the COVID-19 pandemic response. Positions are temporary (approximately 6 months), full-time appointments and will allow you to gain valuable experience while networking with scientists on the front lines of public health.
Associates work in local and state public health laboratories throughout the US and its territories and work on critical projects related to COVID-19 response. Appropriate on the job training is provided as needed. Associates fill critical roles at all levels of the laboratory response, including:
· Performing molecular or serologic testing for COVID-19
· Preparing validation, testing, biosafety or quality assurance protocols
· Analyzing laboratory data to assure testing quality, analyze trends and inform best practices
· Assist with biosafety related duties including performing risk assessments and responding to safety incidents
· Stipend ($40,000-50,000/year bachelor’s level; $45,000-55,000/year master’s level; $55,000/year bachelor’s or master’s with certified MT(CLS))
· $500/month allowance for required medical insurance
· Relocation assistance
· Professional development allowance
· Student membership to APHL
· Access to distance-based learning activities to achieve proficiency in select public health laboratory core competencies
· Varies depending on needs of host laboratories. Minimum bachelor’s degree. Some appointments may require advanced degree(s) and specific experience.
· Narrative statement;
· Resume or CV;
· Three (3) references for letters of recommendation;
· Transcripts from all degree-granting institutions;
· Proof of US citizenship or permanent residency.
Eligibility and Requirements:
· Applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents.
· Applicants must have completed degree requirements prior to starting the program.
· Applicants are accepted on a rolling basis and must be submitted online.
Work Location: US state, local, and territorial public health laboratories
For online application and more information click on the green “Apply Externally” button.