We are currently seeking candidates who are working toward obtaining a degree in Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related degree for a virtual internship assignment during the summer of 2021.
What are the objectives/goals of the position? The goal of this position is to further develop an intern’s knowledge, understanding, and capability in pharmaceutical metabolomics/proteomics analysis while establishing solutions addressing unmet needs within AZ’s current metabolomics/proteomics infrastructure.
What are the primary duties of this position? This intern will implement and characterize metabolomics data processing workflows including metabolite normalization, raw data processing, and metabolite network visualization schemes with minimal supervision. This position will also utilize these tools and existing workflows to assist interpretation of metabolomics/proteomics data and form scientifically-based hypothesis on therapeutic impact with supervision.
To participate in the AstraZeneca Intern Program students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Enrollment in a full-time graduate program.
- A technical understanding of LC-HRMS metabolomic/proteomic workflows
- Experience implementing software-based data processing solutions
- Experience utilizing accurate mass and MSMS library metabolite identification strategies
- Familiarity with data interpretation strategies such as statistical analysis (PCA, PLS, ANOVA) or proteomics/metabomics network construction
- A general understanding of protein expression and cellular metabolism
Studies focused can be in any of the following areas: Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related discipline.