Interns are assigned to support a team within the Legal department.
Areas of Placement
The goal of a Legal intern is to gain an understanding of day-to-day Legal operations within a Fortune 300 organization. The Legal intern will provide legal support on a board array of legal issues impacting the day-to-day business, including labor and employment, transactional matters, corporate governance and securities, real estate, environmental, administrative law, antitrust, commercial, and personal injury ligation matters. Through interning with our Legal teams, interns will obtain an understanding of business drivers and industry trends.
· Drafting of agreements, amendments, and other legal documents
· Analysis of content license agreements in connection with company mandated requirements
· Identify emerging legal trends that may impact AutoZone.
· Assist attorneys with projects relating to legal issues
· Conduct legal research, analyze contracts and other documents, assist with litigation, and attend court proceedings and depositions
What to Expect
· Multi-day intern orientation to introduce you to AutoZone, the summer internship program, your supported team, and your fellow interns
· Professional development workshops designed to increase your knowledge of AutoZone and the retail industry, as well as develop your business acumen and office professionalism
· Extensive exposure to our senior leadership which includes a fireside discussion with our CEO and SVP of HR
· Opportunities to ‘Live the Pledge” and experience summer fun outside the office through various events
· Working a 40-hour work week, Monday – Friday
· A competitive spirit with a passion for results
· An interest and confidence in working with data and numbers; strong mathematical/quantitative skills highly preferred
· Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to independently make data-driven recommendations
· A curiosity and desire to learn about consumer and retail trends, including customer demographics, purchasing influencers and emerging technology
· Dynamic written and verbal communication style to read and draft reports, as well as communicate cross functionally and vertically throughout the organization
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
· Must be an active student in Fall 2021
AutoZone does not provide sponsorship for our intern roles.
Start Date: May 24, 2021
End Date: Aug 6, 2021