While the following internship descriptions will be the main focus of each position, interns will have the opportunity to rotate through the different departments in order to gain a well-rounded sport management experience.
General Internship Information:
- Internship will run from mid-May to mid-August 2021
- Preference given to current college students pursuing internship for academic credit
- Attendance required at all 32 Big Sticks home games and special events as needed
- Additional office hours will be required on non-game days as needed
- Required to maintain challenging schedule, up to 80+ hours per week at times during homestands
- All interns will be required to help out in all areas of team operations as needed
For this position we are looking for one candidate.
Includes but is not limited to:
- Tracking pitch counts
- Player development
- Completing spray charts
- Operating Pointstreak database
- Creating scouting reports
- Working closely with college level coaches and athletes
- Communication with professional baseball scouts
- Other duties assigned
This position will have a lot of autonomy and is mostly an opportunity to implement your knowledge of player development. The organizational goals for this position are to take instructions from the coaching staff and ensure that our athletes are competing to their potential.