BAE Systems is looking for a Software Engineer with a passion for engineering and the desire to be part of an innovative, dedicated team responsible for industry-leading Global Positioning Systems (GPS) products. Our team needs engineers interested in architecting, designing, and developing software for real-time embedded GPS receivers for military airborne and weapons applications.
This position offers abundant opportunity to acquire in-depth knowledge of GPS technology and receiver architecture, and to apply that knowledge in a team effort to develop our Modernized GPS receiver products. This position specifically focuses on GPS Anti-Jam (AJ) as well as other signal processing techniques to provide GPS availability and integrity to our GPS products. BAE Systems is an industry leader in GPS AJ performance and is looking for motivated individuals to assist in advancing our signal processing technology and techniques.
As a part of this team, you will have responsibilities spanning all phases of the software engineering life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, code development, integration, verification, and documentation. Assignments may include tasks such as developing software tools, supporting field demonstration efforts, providing customer support, and mentoring other engineers. The successful applicant should be knowledgeable and skilled with a variety of development and test tools as well as proficient in the development of embedded hardware/software applications.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- Applicant must be pursuing a STEM degree in an applicable engineering or science field
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
A Successful Candidate Should be Experienced with the Following:
- High motivation to solve problems and continuously improve existing products
- Desire to contribute to a results oriented product development team
- Solid understanding of software development processes for real-time embedded hardware/software applications
- Strong verbal and written technical communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse team
- A genuine desire to learn and innovate