Administrative Internship (Ophthalmology, 20 hours/week)
Job Posting Description
At Boston Children’s Hospital, the quality of our care – and our inclusive hospital working environment – lies in the diversity of our people. With patients from local communities and 160 countries around the world, we’re committed to reflecting the spectrum of their cultures, while opening doors of opportunity for our team. Here, different talents pursue common goals. Voices are heard and ideas are shared. Join us, and discover how your unique contributions can change lives. Yours included.
The Administrative Intern will be responsible for:
- Training in our EMR systems including Epic, Power chart and unique ophthalmology programs.
- Learning to provide direct administrative support for and acquiring specialized knowledge of different ophthalmology sub-specialties and patient diagnoses classes.
- Gaining in-depth knowledge of ICD-10 billing codes and practices, healthcare insurance programs and providers, how to obtain authorizations for diagnostic procedures, and how health organizations are interconnected.
- Attending Hospital orientation, high reliability training, soft skills training provided by the hospitals leadership and development group, and other computer based or in-person classes offered based on intern’s subject interests.
- Supporting the conversion of patient and departmental records into Electronic Medical Records (EMR) as well as other process efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Completing individualized, self-driven projects working both independently and in collaboration with clinicians and administrators based on intern’s interests.
- Gaining experience working on a cross-functional team in a fast paced and dynamic clinical healthcare environment.
To qualify, you must:
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program. Healthcare administration majors/minors preferred
- Have the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations
- Have the ability to work with diverse internal and external constituencies.
Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond to organizational needs.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Regular, Temporary, Per Diem
Standard Hours per Week