Join our acclaimed Department of Plastic and Oral Surgery and discover how your talents can change lives. The Department of Plastic and Oral Surgery provides world-renowned plastic and maxillofacial care to thousands of patients a year. At Boston Children’s Hospital, success is measured through providing the highest quality customer service, while changing lives by delivering excellent care. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. The ideal candidate is motivated and hardworking and can multitask in a fast-paced environment. They are flexible and resourceful in high-priority situations to achieve superior care for the patient. They are able to work closely with a doctor and members of the clinical team and other departments in order to deliver an effective plan of care to the patient and family.
The Patient Experience Representative will be responsible for:
- Physician Support: Working with other team members to monitor the physicians’ clinical, operative, meeting, and personal schedule/calendar.
- Scheduling: Scheduling and registering patients for office visits and procedures. Obtaining and updating patient demographic, insurance, and primary care/referring doctor information.
- Physician and department liaison: Being the primary contact between the physician and patient families. Helping answer and resolving patient issues and concerns. Managing patient call volume; answering appointment requests and routing incoming calls to appropriate destination.
- Coordination of care: Acting as the face of the practice and managing every step of the patient’s care. Communicating the plan of care to the family.
- Clinic management: Preparing charts for physician’s clinics and checking patients in for various appointments. Organizing all patient information, including verifying insurance and obtaining required medical records and approved insurance referral authorizations on each patient. Promptly and accurately logging updated information.
- Administrative tasks: Patient correspondence, distributing incoming mail, sorting and uploading outside notes and radiographs into the patient’s medical record. Processing patient paperwork and requests and assisting in letter writing and various projects and tasks when needed.
To qualify, the candidate will have:
- Excellent customer-service skills and the ability to express empathy in difficult interpersonal situations.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask and communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- The ability to work with diverse internal and external constituencies.
- High School Diploma or GED. Associate or bachelor’s degree and previous experience in an office setting is preferred.
- Healthcare experience, a plus.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including a flexible schedule, affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
BCH is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.