The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) is a federally funded, private, nonprofit grant making organization that works to support freedom around the world. The Center for International Media Assistance (CIMA), an initiative of NED, approaches its mission by providing information, building networks, conducting research, and highlighting the indispensable role independent media play in the creation and development of sustainable democracies around the world.
Position Summary: CIMA is currently seeking a paid intern for Summer 2021. The paid internship is open to current graduate or undergraduate students. Working on a small team, the intern will play a key role in supporting CIMA’s core activities, including assisting with events, publications, and mailings. The Intern will also have the opportunity, under CIMA staff guidance, to conduct their own research and contribute to CIMA’s blog on a topic relevant to their interests. The internship is a unique opportunity to learn more about an emerging field in development and media. The position is based in Washington, D.C.
- Manage CIMA’s subscription-based email listings.
- Assist with updating and maintaining CIMA’s website, as well as design and format of CIMA reports.
- Attend meetings and hearings on media development topics as necessary.
- Assist with arranging and executing meetings, events, and social media.
- Candidate must be a registered student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate-level program.
- Qualified candidates should have excellent writing skills, strong analytical skills, maintain a strong work ethic and have sharp attention to detail.
- Applicants should have an interest in journalism, international relations, development, and/or democracy work.
- Applicants with experience using content management systems (WordPress, etc.) preferred.
- Applicants with experience using graphic design and/or desktop publishing tools, i.e., Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
Time Commitment: 24-40 hrs./week (not to exceed 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship.
NED Application Deadline: n/a; All internships are posted until filled.
Anticipated Start Date: o/a June 1, 2021
Orientation Dates: o/a June 1st – 4th, 2021
Anticipated End Date: o/a August 27, 2021
Authorization: Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
How to Apply:
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references, one of which should be a supervisor. Please, no phone calls.