Attention Nursing Students!
CHOP is hiring for the summer Nurse Extern and Flynn fellow programs! Join a talented team of clinicians dedicated to making breakthroughs that improve the lives of children. Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is a world leader in pediatric healthcare, fostering countless medical discoveries and pioneering groundbreaking treatments that have forever changed the pediatric healthcare landscape. This spirit of innovation and commitment to excellence are also what make CHOP an incredible place to work. If you are ready to challenge yourself and motivated to learn and grow, apply today!
- Under RN supervision, assists in the provision of care to patients and families. Follows Nursing Process to deliver safe care: assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Responds promptly and positively to patients, families, associates, and all others in a respectful, courteous, and confidential manner.
- Follows hospital and departmental procedures and policies, including but not limited to patient safety, mandatory education, confidentiality, and attendance.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and use monitoring equipment, under direct supervision of RN/Preceptor.
- Demonstrates high standards of professionalism by maintaining a professional image in all he/she does.
- Responsible for efficient and cost-effective utilization of hospital resources.
- Identifies own learning needs and obtains necessary education to meet requirements of position.
- Enrollment in an RN nursing program
- copy of transcript required as proof of academic achievement
- CPR Certification, issued through an organization that requires a hands-on instructor lead psychomotor skills verification (ex. American Heart Association or Red Cross)