1. Demonstrate knowledge, skill, and ability to provide instruction in an elementary
visual art classroom with an emphasis on the DBEA Model (Art Criticism, Art
History, Aesthetics, and Art Production).
2. Work cooperatively with students, parents, peers, administration, and community
3. Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals.
4. Establish and communicate clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects.
5. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and strategies aligned with
instructional objectives, in order to meet the needs of all students.
6. Participate as an active member with other faculty and staff.
7. Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law and District policy.
8. Maintain and improve professional competence.
9. Communicate effectively both written and orally.
Education and Training
An earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Licenses and Certifications
Must possess or be able to acquire by the time of appointment to the position, a teaching
license issued by the Nevada Department of Education. Must be certified in the relevant
When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the
minimum qualifications as listed on the appropriate position vacancy
This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or national origin.