Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
1. Administers appropriate District curriculum, aligned with the NVACS.
2. Ensures the opportunity for all students to learn in a supportive, culturally responsive learning environment.
3. Creates and maintains a positive, orderly, and academically focused learning condition in the instructional environment.
4. Develops and implements daily and long-range lesson plans using research based strategies to meet the needs of all students, including but not limited to, students who have been identified as at-risk and above grade level, students with individualized educational plans, and English language learners.
5. Aligns lesson planning, instruction, reflection, and assessment practices to the NEPF.
6. Analyzes student data and progress with a balanced assessment system to provide effective and targeted instruction and interventions to maximize student learning.
7. Provides a classroom management plan ensuring student safety at all times.
8. Ensures assessment regulations and guidelines are followed at all times.
9. Develops a culturally responsive classroom climate that promotes positive learning conditions. 10. Collaborates effectively and professionally with administration, staff, parents/guardians, and the community.
11. Integrates the use of technology into the instructional program in accordance with the Nevada K-12 Integrated Technology Standards. 12. Embeds the inquiry process into science instruction.
13. Ensures that laboratory opportunities are an integral part of science instruction.
14. Participates in other job-related duties and activities related to the position, as assigned.
Education and Training
An earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Licenses and Certifications
1. Must possess or be able to acquire a teaching license issued by the Nevada Department of Education.
2. Hold, or be able to hold, the appropriate science endorsement (Biological, Physical). When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the appropriate position vacancy announcement.
This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or national origin.