Clyde & Co is a global law firm with a pioneering heritage and a resolute focus on its core sectors of aviation, energy, infrastructure, insurance, marine, and trade.
The Firm’s New Jersey office seeks a dynamic individual to support the insurance litigation team in Florham Park, New Jersey.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the preparation of court filings, including cite- and fact-checking legal briefs, proofreading, and assembling of exhibits and appendices
- Review court dockets; pull court filings from PACER and other court databases
- Conduct various document searches, background investigations, litigation history checks, corporate and factual research
- Review and summarize written discovery responses from opposing parties
- Summarize various documents and/or pleadings, prepare timeline/chronology
- Download document productions, save to firm system and liaise with vendors to upload to document review platforms
- Review and tag documents in a review platform
- Redact documents, Bates label, burn discs, and coordinate document production
- Ensure compliance with ESI stipulations and protocols
- Prepare privilege logs
- Log incoming and outgoing document productions
- Prepare witness packs for depositions; organize document notebooks for attorney review
- Prepare exhibits for examinations under oath, depositions, motions, hearings, and trial
- Summarize transcripts of examinations under oath and depositions
- Send documents to experts and keep detailed logs regarding same
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication, and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Anticipates, plans, and prioritizes work
- Ability to learn quickly and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Manages competing demands to meet deadlines
- Creative problem solver who takes initiative to accomplish tasks
- Demonstrates the ability to meet obligations with confidentiality and integrity
- Follows detailed instructions and handles complex work
- Experienced with a variety of computer applications, document review platforms, and internet programs: Microsoft Suite (particularly Excel), Outlook, File Site, Relativity, Westlaw and/or Lexis
- Litigation experience and/or experience with e-filing and e-service in multiple jurisdictions a plus.
Please contact Meghan Goodwin for more information at Meghan.Goodwin@clydeco.us
It is the policy of the Firm to recruit, hire, promote, reassign, compensate and train highly qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable law.