Community in Crisis
Creating Connection, Building Courage, Giving Hope
Job Title: Youth Engagement Coordinator.
Location: Bernardsville, New Jersey.
Status: Full time: 40 hours per week, with some evening or weekend hours.
Pay Rate: $40,000 to $45,000 annually, with benefits, commensurate with experience
The Youth Engagement Coordinator supports the work of the directors of Community in Crisis (CiC) by overseeing youth programs, including the middle school Hub Club, Youth Leadership Council, scout programs, community service projects and other youth-focused programs. These initiatives are key components of CiC’s strategic plan and federal grants. Community in Crisis is a coalition of community stakeholders dedicated to reducing the incidence and consequences of the misuse of substances through education, prevention and holistic support in an environment free of stigma.
· Supervise the CiC Youth Leadership Council including recruitment, projects, scheduling of meetings, meeting minutes, tracking of community services hours and documentation of outcomes. Develop activities to maintain high levels of member involvement.
· As appropriate, collaborate with other youth groups at the local, county and state levels to meet program objectives and action plans.
· Oversee the CiC middle school Hub Club, recruiting and working with teen and adult volunteers; help design projects and obtain necessary materials.
· Help coordinate scout projects, community service projects and other youth outreach efforts.
· Implement procedures to obtain parental permission slips and emergency contact forms. Ensure the necessary child abuse prevention policies are in place.
· Work collaboratively with CiC Directors, Prevention Project Manager and Marketing Coordinator to implement community and parent outreach events, school-based programs and events, and social media campaigns.
· Represent CiC at community outreach events and play an active role in educating attendees about CiC’s mission and impact.
· Continually engage in program recruitment and identify ways to expand coalition membership and community involvement.
· Assist with budgeting, program evaluation, grant reports and applications.
· Assist with implementation of other community substance use prevention initiatives.
· Ability to form positive relationships with school administrators and faculty, youth-serving agencies and parent groups to create involvement in and support for CiC’s mission and youth-focused initiatives.
· Ability to understand and help translate CiC’s strategic goals into youth-led action plans.
· Ability to form positive, nurturing, respectful relationships with middle and high school youth to build their knowledge and leadership skills.
· Able to communicate effectively with youth and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
· Effective writing and presentation skills.
· Ability to foster and train a team of youth to design and implement prevention strategies, messaging and initiatives consistent with CiC’s mission.
· Skilled at Word, Excel and PowerPoint and ability to learn CiC’s program tracking system.
· Ability to nurture relationships and share best practices with other local substance misuse prevention youth groups.
· Other duties as needed to support the overall mission of CiC.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, such as education, counseling, social sciences, public health
· Experience working with youth, especially ages 11-17, in either school-based or non-school- based settings.
· Familiarity with the Somerset Hills Community and schools a plus
· Familiarity with strategic planning and prevention science a plus
· Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends to cover events.
Community in Crisis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, and genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
CiC will follow state COVID-19 guidelines to ensure the safety of our employees, volunteers and program participants.