Want to influence a generation? How about working in a place where you know you make a difference? At Chartwells, we have over 4500 public and private school locations, where we serve up happy and healthy to the next generation of kids. We provide over 2 million meals and food service to young students each day. Our goal is to serve food kids love to eat and to keep school meals as a time for students to recharge and enjoy a sense of happiness.
Learn more about our story here.
The Human Resource Internship is an 8-10 week program providing experience in HR related functions within the school district assigned. During the 8 week program, the intern will gain exposure to other functional areas to gain a full understanding of the impact HR has on the overall operation. Those function areas include:
Working as a Chartwells K12 intern, you will gain a valuable experience related to how we hire employees, along with a realistic job preview of key operations leadership roles (e.g. Director of Dining Services). Over a defined period of time, you will gain exposure to multiple areas of the business that help us drive client relationships and impact your region’s team, financial, and operational performance. During our June through July internship, you will work closely with a mentor while learning different business areas and functions within our schools. You will spend your days working with an onsite team to plan, prepare, and help execute our Back to School process. It will be your efforts that help the team to grow and fulfill our mission to support kids in the community.
- Contributes to overall success of key people processes (sourcing, staffing, interviewing, onboarding, employee engagement, etc.) based on direction from local leadership team
- Helps build local employment advertising campaigns (e.g. social media) in partnership with local leadership
- Sources and posts job requisitions, screens candidates, and sets-up interviews
- Makes offers and turns down for applicants
- Sets-up onboarding for new hires and begins to process new hire paperwork, as applicable
- Represents Chartwells in selected candidate interactions and/or conversations
- Builds a full understanding of all roles within the operation
- Marketing and communications- assisting with development of marketing and communications to recruit for employees within the community– estimated 1 week
- Operations – to better understand the on boarding and training of new employees and the role our new employees will take on- estimated 1 week
- Finance – gaining knowledge of overall impact of the HR function’s costs and outcomes –estimated 1 day
- Nutrition – to better understand the menu and production skills our employees need- estimate 2 days
- Interviews, screens, and recruits job applicants to fill entry level and technical job openings
- Facilitates and/or provides training to the workforce such as new hire orientation. Interpreting and explaining company policies (e.g. performance management, LOA), procedures, practices, and programs.
- Will take on projects or assignments as directed by the manager, resulting in gain of knowledge of the entire operation and the role human resources plays in such
- Rising Junior or Senior class at a college or university
- Projects and practices consistent ownership attributes, which provide a high level of customer service at all points of contact
- Thinks critically, analytically, quickly, and accurately, and can evaluate problems and make appropriate recommendations to person(s) involved
- Demonstrates good client relationship, listening, communications (written and verbal), and customer service skills
- Shows curiosity in understanding how things work, and a desire to help make them better
- Champions the inclusion mindset and embraces diversity, creating an environment where all feel comfortable to be themselves
- Prioritizes and multi-tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Exhibits initiative, organization, responsibility, flexibility, resiliency, and leadership
- Demonstrates flexibility, resiliency, and high aptitude of learning in times of change
- Fluent in computer skills and strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and POS software
- All other duties based on business needs
Local travel may be required in this position.
Click here to learn more about the Compass story.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 538956. Additionally, you can get in front of the hiring manager faster and share what makes you unique with a Prerecorded Video Interview! Click here to learn more!
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success – we invite you to start your journey with us today!
As an intern, you will be working closely with Compass Group leaders to develop skills and competencies to be successful in your prospective industry. You will gain valuable experience in any of the following areas: operations, marketing, administration, guest services, problem solving, planning and implementation of innovative projects, and client relationship skills. This internship involves hands-on experiences which will provide opportunities for your personal success and development. This position is paid, but not eligible for benefits such as medical, relocation, or housing.
Compass Group Intern Requirements:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university or technical program to receive college credit
- Possess an interest in learning, observing, and practicing a variety of experiences in our industry
- Demonstrate awareness, understanding, and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Articulate, with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Solid project management acumen
- Self-directed, proactive, and curious
- Flexible and adaptable
- Attitude of a leader
- Enjoyment of building relationships
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).