If you’ve ever taken a medicine, received a vaccine or had blood drawn for a lab test, you’ve already benefited from the powerful work of 57,000+ exceptional employees across Covance and LabCorp. By supporting leading pharmaceuticals and 600+ biotech companies through our contract research organization (CRO), Covance employees help improve health, improve lives and bring new medicines to market. Along with our parent company, LabCorp, the world’s leading health care diagnostics company, we offer dynamic career opportunities in more than 97 countries.
Global Internship Program:
Exciting Opportunity to be part of the LabCorp/Covance 2021 Global Internship Program as an ITC Program Specialist in Greenfield, IN and Research Triangle Park, NC!
The Covance Market Access (CMA) business helps our patients by facilitating access to medical innovations. We help patients optimize therapy access and ensure continuity of care by proactively addressing treatment barriers for both the patient and healthcare provider.
Internship Assignment Summary:
- Quickly and efficiently respond to incoming calls and faxes, identify how best to assist.
- Document calls in appropriate tracking systems, and handle/escalate calls per established procedures.
- Conduct insurance verifications to understand if patient’s prescribed therapy is eligible for coverage. Possibly coordinate prior authorizations, investigate alternative insurance coverage, or other funding sources on behalf of the patients per the program specifications.
- Liaise with partner distributors and pharmaceutical manufacturers to request products per the program’s guidelines and track shipments.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in the healthcare, global health, and public policy field
- One or more years of customer service, volunteering, or other customer-facing experience
- Project work in an academic setting