At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally. Our products’ are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in the most exciting industry in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
Crestron Electronics has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a fast-growing organization.
We are seeking a polished, proactive, and professional Mechanical Engineer who will support the Digital Media (DM) product line. This role will be developed to help support streamlining processes, increasing efficiencies and maximizing workflow. Additionally, the position will grow to represent the organization as the prime technical contact on projects.
- Part of a technical team to develop solutions for complex problems which require the regular use of innovation and creativity.
- Participate in designing and integrating sheet metal, extrusions, die cast, complex PCBs, electronics cooling designs, and power supplies into products.
- Participate in designing injected molded, die cast and sheet metal parts from conception through production.
- Review part lists, create mechanical drawings and engineering documents.
- Develop test plans and evaluate designs.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience (EII) or 6-9 (EIII) in Mechanical product design
- Fluent in Creo (or proficient in Solid Works with the ability to pick up Creo quickly)
- Knowledge and experience with sheet metal design a must
- Ability to design incorporating tolerance stack-up a must
- Ability to learn quickly
- GD&T knowledge a plus
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator a plus
- Experience with plastic design, metal castings or extrusions a plus
- Knowledge and experience with standard 19” EIA and 23” Telco style rack mount systems a plus
- Positive professional interaction with co-workers and managers
- Ability to work with multiple departments and multi-discipline groups of engineers including EEs, PCB Designers, Quality, Production, etc.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects
At Crestron Electronics, we offer a competitive total compensation package including medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. 401K with company contribution, Paid Vacation, Holidays and more!
We have new on-site state of the art fitness and wellness centers at our Headquarters in Rockleigh, NJ.