CRU – WORLD HEADQUARTERS
Business Title: Field Information Reporter
Ministry/Team: Jesus Film Project/Donor Reporting
Reports To: Field Information Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
MISSION: Cru is a caring community passionate about connecting people to Jesus Christ
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Field Information Reporter facilitates the connection between Jesus Film Project® major donors and the field ministries they support globally by collecting stories, photos, videos and other project information, and compiling them into inspiring reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following
As an employee with Cru:
● Actively and intentionally grow in his/her Christian faith
● Maintain a positive witness for Christ
● Express a dependence on the Holy Spirit
● Share what God is teaching him or her
● Consistently attend and participate in team/ministry devotional times
FOR THIS POSITION:
● Obtain and evaluate field ministry project information in a timely manner, processing the info for use in reports to major donors.
● Write vision-casting and story-driven donor reports in accordance with current Jesus Film branding and Donor Reporting guidelines.
● Collaborate with teammates as needed to provide up-to-date field ministry information for Development Reps requiring assistance, often coordinating with ministry leaders and global partners.
● Establish communication and a connection with key Cru staff, Jesus Film staff, and global partners, developing an understanding of ministry cross-departmentally and worldwide, as well as a deeper understanding of the reporting needs for projects assigned to you.
● Influence and/or train field ministry leaders to meet report responsibilities by communicating Donor Reporting expectations and processes to field personnel through the most effective means, including trainings, emails and one-on-one conversations.
● Interview field staff and partners in various positions of authority regarding the ministry results of JFP funds and resources.
● Travel domestically and internationally as opportunities arise in order to connect with key personnel and gather information and stories.
● Collaborate with other Field Information Reporters to maintain standards, refine processes and implement best practices.
● Work as part of the Donor Reporting team to meet overall report deadlines according to current team procedures.
OTHER FUNCTIONS (Non-essential)
● Participate in regular meetings within Donor Reporting as deemed necessary by the Donor Reporting Leadership Team.
● Perform related duties and special projects as assigned.
● Participate in the Christmas Call & Connect Campaign, completing required amount of calls.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Modern office practices, procedures and equipment
● Oral and written communication skills
● Interviewing skills
● Basic personal computer operation, including word processing, spreadsheets, layout and database management
● Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary
● Manage complex information with accuracy
● Handle workload and travel details, including finances, with competence and efficiency
● Handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
● Work independently with effective prioritization of tasks
● Analyze and synthesize complex information into engaging, story-driven donor reports
● Problem-solve independently and collaboratively
● Accept edits and revisions with a teachable spirit
● Adapt to changing workflow, processes and technology
● Demonstrate excellent people and relationship-building skills
● Work with diplomacy and tact across departments, ministries and cultures
● Analyze situations accurately and determine an effective course of action
● Take the initiative in new and foreign environments
● Put the success of the mission above personal interests
● Travel internationally up to 4 times per year for up to 10 days at a time
● Type 50-70 words per minute
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
● Bachelor’s degree (preferably in English, Journalism or Communications) with 3 years or equivalent writing experience.
● Preferably knowledge or experience in missions or intercultural communication.
● Experience in fund development or marketing a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Some international travel may include long plane rides and rough modes of transportation on primitive roads. In addition, long working hours each day may be required with others who do not know English well.
It is anticipated that all employees of Cru/Jesus Film Project, throughout the course of their employment, will actively seek opportunities for greater understanding, involvement and connection with our ministry by taking part in various activities as specified by their leadership. This includes attending periodic Bible studies and other worship experiences that occur in the workplace during work hours. Employees are also expected to actively and intentionally grow in their Christian faith and exhibit Christian character as demonstrated by their attitude, appearance and conduct as outlined in the “Standards and Expectations” section of the employee handbook.