Acorn Academy LLC is looking for motivated educationally minded individuals to support our teaching staff. We care for children 6 months of age up to age 6. Learning through play in a safe, healthy, and friendly environment is our goal.
We are seeking individuals who have experience working with young children and would like to learn more about child development. Such individuals will assist in classroom management through cleaning, supporting children with self-care, providing social emotional support, tutoring in the areas of math, science, and language.
Participation in a background check, orientation, and some further education in child development (which we will provide) are required for this position.
Description of Duties
● Assist teachers in classroom management by engaging in purposeful play along with the students
● Assist teachers in reviewing previously taught information (including but not limited to, math skills, increased vocabulary, fine motor development, gross motor development, music, science terminology…)
● Read to students one on one or in small groups
● Monitor and engage with students on the playground
● Assist in all cleaning procedures within the classroom and in common areas
● Excellent communicative skills with very young children
● Fluent reading skills when reading to young children (multiple languages a plus)
● Ability to remain calm and assist children during challenging developmental situations
● Ability to model and explain social emotions
Provided Training and Direction
● Orientation training will be provided prior to first day of duties
● Training specific to the age group ex. Toddlers – training on SIDS and Shaken Baby Syndrome…
● All ages training on the importance of physical activity…
● Training on how to assist teachers with our curriculum
Relevant Launch Career Communities
Arts, Communications, & Languages
Social Impact, Education,
Transferable Skills to be Developed