The Community Liaison to Campus Security position at Drew University assumes an active leadership role through the development and preservation of a positive living and learning environment within the Drew community. As a member of the Campus Security team, the Community Liaison position focuses on student interaction, campus safety, community development, and open communication between Campus Security and the Drew community. Community Liaisons will demonstrate an understanding of the Community Liaison position, effective communication, leadership potential, a desire to work, learn, and live with a diverse student population, and a sincere interest in working with fellow students. Community Liaisons are supervised by the Director of Campus Security or an authorized Campus Security staff member.
All applicants should submit a cover letter and resume. In the cover letter, please discuss the following:
- How do you embody the values of responsibility, integrity, and respect for all?
- What are your plans for the future?
- How much time can you commit to working in this position?
- How do you engage and communicate with others?
- What first aid training (e.x. CPR Training) have you had in the past?
As part of the hiring process, the supervisor may request a review of your academic standing to ensure that this position will positively support your Drew experience and not distract from your priorities as a student.
Description of Duties
- Utilizing LiveSafe app
- Providing student escorts within campus via the LiveSafe Application
- Conduct community walks around Drew University alongside Campus Security officers to ensure campus safety
- Submit reports through the Maxient system
- Coordinate and host programming and community builders in collaboration between Campus Security and other departments
- Assist with campus emergencies or large scale events or special events
- Observe and report any campus safety concerns through Maxient
- May also be used to assist with any other situations, or tasks deemed by the Director of Security
- Potential to serve on the Ticket Appeal Board to meet with students who want to appeal parking tickets
- Good organizational skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Focus on good customer service;
- Punctuality and reliability;
Provided Training and Direction
- LiveSafe App Training
- CPR/AED Training
- Diversity Training
- Event Planning Training
- Any other training deemed necessary
Relevant Launch Career Communities
Technology, Engineering, & Sustainability
Social Impact, Education, Law, & Government
Transferable Skills to be Developed