The Department of Auxiliary Services coordinates the setups of events and activities held at Drew University. The Event Logistics Assistant provides high quality customer service and ensures complete client satisfaction from the beginning to end of their experience at Drew.
Please submit a cover letter and resume on Handshake. In your cover letter, please specify why you would be a good fit for our department and any relevant experience that makes you a strong candidate.
Description of Duties:
- Assist staff with special projects, including social media and website management, event planning, event set-up, and event management.
- Assist internal and external event planners with the logistics of their event. May include checking and adjusting event setups, touching base with clients and campus service providers to execute media, signage, catering, parking, and any other services as needed.
- Facilitate the set up/breakdown of event furniture, working in a physical labor environment, following a diagram and accurately placing furniture in the correct location.
- Perform clerical duties in support of the department, i.e. data entry, Setup requests, Facilities work orders, office organization, cross-office deliveries, etc.
- Represent Drew University in a professional manner at all times and serve as an ambassador for the University.
- Uphold university policies for the health and safety of all guests and the Drew community.
- Support the Conference and Events team with larger campus events on weeknights and weekends on occasion.
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively, meet established deadlines, and maintain a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and exercise good judgment based on existing policies and procedures.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve while providing excellent customer service.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of people including external clients, Campus Security, Facilities and maintenance staff, students, faculty, staff, and senior management.
- Ability to learn and enact established policies, practices, and software in order to respond to inquiries from all guests and campus partners.
- Flexibility and willingness to accommodate guests’ changing needs in a mature and tactful manner.
- Ability to perform physical labor.
- Experience in Microsoft Office and Google Suite preferred.
- Social media experience preferred.
Provided Training & Direction:
- Work closely with the Auxiliary Services staff for on-going training on all campus policies, software, practices, and procedures.
- Engage in Professional Development workshops and software training.
Transferable Skills to be Developed:
- Customer Service/Hospitality
- Critical thinking/Problem solving
- Ethical thinking/Professionalism
- Creative thinking
- Digital proficiency
- Interpersonal communication
- Oral communication
- Written communication
- Time Management