Job Description Intramural Officials are responsible for officiating all intramural sports and special events offered by or sponsored by Campus Recreation. They oversee and manage a fun and safe atmosphere for all participants and assist the Intramural Supervisors when needed through enforcing Drew Intramural Sports & Recreation policies and procedures. Intramural Officials are required to attend all mandatory training and staff meetings. They will also be responsible for set-up and clean-up of sport games.
Description of Duties
● Assist in setting up equipment for activities.
● Assist in the signing-in of participants and verifying eligibility.
● Assist in examining playing surfaces for safety hazards.
● Enforce intramural policies and procedures during contests.
● Assist in completing all shift forms that are required.
● Assist in storing equipment at the conclusion of activities.
● Basic knowledge of sports
● Conflict management
● A desire to acquire knowledge of all intramural sports offered
● Ability to work independently, as well as a part of a team
● Ability to handle participant issues
● Ability to communicate effectively with participants and professional staff
● Ability to multitask
● Eye-hand coordination (officiating mechanics) Provided
Training and Direction
● Training of rules of each sport offered
● Training of officiating mechanics