Office Assistant works directly with department administrators completing various types of support tasks for the Teacher Education Department. Works closely with all department staff and faculty and provides support with routine office work and projects, including data collection for accreditation purposes. Both undergraduate and graduate students will be considered.
Description of Duties:
- Perform clerical duties in support of the department, i.e. data entry, copying, mailings, etc.
- Work on projects related to accreditation (data collection, analysis, and report writing), professional development workshops, and other departmental activities
- Work on projects to support professors’ research and teaching
- Open/close office and Teachers’ Lounge when needed
- Transport mail and other items across campus offices
- Work closely with the administrative assistant and office staff. Training is provided when needed, and work is done both collaboratively and independently.
- Position requires at least three days in the office for blocks of a minimum of 2 hours. Additional hours are available.
Required Training and Skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed
- On-the-job training is provided
- Federal Work study position
Relevant Launch Career Communities
Arts, Communications, & Languages
Business, Finance, & Entrepreneurship
Technology, Engineering, & Sustainability
Social Impact, Education
Transferable Skills to be Developed