ERM is seeking a motivated Air Quality Staff Engineer to join our consulting team in either Washington DC, Annapolis, MD, Richmond, VA, or Charleston, WV. The successful candidate will work on a variety of interesting technical projects for clients in the oil & gas, chemical, and manufacturing sector throughout the Appalachian Region. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging environmental management projects for large industrial and global clients. Access to ERM’s national Air Quality & Climate Change experts provide knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities for our team.
ERM’s Air Quality & Climate Change practice community pursues and wins highly innovative engagements for a diversified portfolio of clients, providing the full breadth of air quality and climate change services. With annual global sales in excess of $50 million, ERM’s Air Quality & Climate Change practice is one of the largest among its peers in our industry and is steadily growing at a double-digit pace. In North America alone, ERM has more than 300 dedicated air quality and climate change professionals assisting clients with projects as diverse as developing responses to emerging Low Carbon Fuel Standards, to leading complex capital projects through the many hurdles associated with the NSR permitting program.
- Provide technical assistance on air quality management, climate change, Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) regulatory compliance, and management systems projects.
- Serve as a technical resource on air quality compliance assurance and permitting programs, including regulatory analyses of industrial facility operations; major and minor source air permit applications under NSR, PSD, Title V, and state-level regulations; NESHAP MACT compliance programs; and other compliance programs including SPCC and SWPPP.
- Prepare emission inventory reports; quantify air pollutant emissions and impacts.
- Conduct environmental field work, including groundwater, soil, sediment, and surface water sampling, ecological field studies, leak detection monitoring, and visual emission monitoring.
- Implement climate change projects, such as greenhouse gas inventories, emission reductions, energy efficiency, public disclosure and verification.
- Work closely with clients and develop strong relationships to understand specific processes and develop a permitting and compliance strategy to help clients maintain maximum operating flexibility.
- Prepare recommendations and reporting of results.
- Interact and maintain successful relationships with clients, ERM employees, and subcontractors.
- Perform and manage multiple tasks within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- BS in Chemical Engineering or Environmental engineering program, MS a plus.
- Recent graduate to 4 years of environmental compliance experience; consulting and permitting experience preferred.
- Strong MS Office computer skills; advanced understanding of PowerPoint, Excel, and Access desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience writing comprehensive technical reports and standards.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed.
- Willingness to travel.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias,
ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!