Faith in New Jersey centers faith, race, and power in grassroots organizing by supporting and elevating relational organizing approaches developed in collaboration with organizers of color across New Jersey.
- Time Commitment: A Fall or Winter/Spring internship requires a part-time commitment of 5-10 hours per week.
- Internship Duration: Part-time internships are a 12-week period. (Fall Interns are expected to start as soon as possible with internship duties concluding before finals.) Winter/spring interns are expected to start January 17, 2022. Please indicate in your cover letter which semester you’re applying for.
- Winter/Spring: January – April.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Interns on the social media team will help build capacity to meet the Faith in New Jersey content, community management, and engagement goals on social media. Social media interns will help draft, review, schedule, and report back on the performance of content, so that the social team’s work can reach large audiences and have an impact in Faith in New Jersey’s work and mission. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Copywriting, editing, and scheduling content
- Measuring content performance and compiling analytics reports
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Interns should possess the following:
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Familiarity with making graphics on Canva
- Experience drafting content for TikTok, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram (experience posting content for an account other than your own a plus)
- Strong copywriting and editing skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with a team in a remote environment
- Commitment to the mission of Faith in New Jersey, grassroots organizing and social justice.
- 300 character cover letter
- Sample social media post from Instagram or TikTok (can be something drafted for a personal, school, or professional account)
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and accepted until the positions are filled.