MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
This petro-chemical industry Buyer position exists to perform the assigned Purchasing work to solicit the most competitive quotes in the most efficient and effective manner, reduce costs and obtain quality products with on-time delivery. The Buyer conducts the procurement activities by procurement techniques (e.g. Analyzing previous cost, market trend and etc..), while ensuring the services can meet the timeline with the quality of work in support of centralized procurement activities.
- Negotiate to obtain the best possible price/terms for total cost saving & company best interest.
- Perform the Purchasing services for the Plant Expansion and/or MRO (Maintenance/Repair /Operation) work at the right time, with the right quality, in the right quantity, and at the right price.
- Evaluate bidder(s)’ proposal(s) document and specification, and analyze the prices, previous performance, commitments and indications of financial responsibility in order to recommend the most advantageous proposal.
- Verify the accuracy of Purchase Order (s) and/or Contract documentation in order to properly issue the PO/Award.
- Evaluate bid responsiveness, vendor(s)’ responsibility and its performance by observing and monitoring market conditions and business practices.
- Perform job accountability and position function in terms of objectives, priorities and deadlines, and effectively communication, collaborate, facilitate the communication between internal and external contacts including Plant Users (e.g. Engineering Center, Maintenance and Operation Groups), Legal, Accounting, and, all other contacts
QUALIFICATION REQUIRED: MINIMUM COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR PRIOR TRAINING:
- Four (4) year college degree required
- Entry level or 1 years’ experience as a Buyer.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite proficiency with Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of AS400 is a plus.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Negotiating skills and problem solving skills required.
- Demonstrate exceptional teamwork and customer service; behave professionally; treat others with respect and dignity.
- Physical requirements include duties common to a regular office environment.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have regular, reliable attendance as well as the ability to work outside the regular schedule as required.