Volunteer Mentor & Project Coordinator
Start date: March 2022
FutureSense Foundation (FSF) is a small international development charity that works mainly in rural areas to support disadvantaged and marginalized communities around the world, to help them build a brighter future. We currently have permanent hubs and operate programmes across 6 countries where we support local partner schools, communities and health centers through a grassroots community development approach. Our work aligns with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and is focused on long-term and sustainable community development through three core programme areas; Education, Health & Livelihoods.
Through our long-term programmes in Education, Health and Livelihoods, we offer opportunities for individuals and groups to volunteer and work alongside our hub teams contribute to our in-country development work. Our volunteers mainly include UK and Australia based university and college students aged 16 and above that come to FutureSense Foundation through our sister organization; Challenges Abroad who work with the students and education partners, offering service-learning opportunities for students to develop as Global Citizens and future leaders.
We are now looking for energetic and passionate individuals to join our team as the Volunteer Mentor & Project Coordinators in our hubs in;
· Mae Sariang, Thailand
· Urubamba, Peru
· Battambang, Cambodia
· Dhulikhel, Nepal
· Palampur, India
· Arusha, Tanzania
This position is suitable for you if you are looking to gain hands on experience in International Community Development whilst living and working overseas.
You will provide support to our in-country team, short-term volunteers and community partners through project coordination, volunteer support, in-country research, and monitoring and evaluation. You will gain valuable experience planning and managing group logistics, leading teams of international volunteers, working closely with local partners in a cross-cultural environment and of course, making a rewarding difference in the communities in which we work. The position is for full-time hours with working times varying between daytime to evenings and weekends with time in lieu provided to compensate for any busier periods.
If experiencing a new culture, mentoring & supporting volunteers, and delivering educational workshops to make a difference in communities in less developed countries sounds like your thing, then we would love to hear from you!
- Coordinating and delivering programme activities in accordance with FutureSense Foundation’s values & models
- Supporting groups of volunteers throughout their time in country to help the groups form and collaborate, mitigate culture shock and to achieve their goals
- Planning and managing logistics for multiple groups of volunteers
- Providing support and mentorship for international volunteers
- Delivering orientations, briefings and debriefs for groups of volunteers
- Reporting on all volunteer group and programme delivery activities
- Monitoring project inputs, outputs, outcomes and impacts
- Upholding FutureSense Foundation policies to at all times to ensure the safety of beneficiaries, volunteers and staff.
ROLE BENEFITS & PERKS
- Monthly living allowance of $150
- Free accommodation
- Holiday entitlement
- Phone allowance
- Personal development opportunities
Flights, Visas and Insurance not included
- First Aid Certificate
- Overseas travel experience
- Undergraduate degree
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in Spanish (for Peru location only)
- You are available to attend a Safeguarding Training in March 2022
- You are available for a minimum 4-month commitment – possibility for long-term positions based on opportunity and need
Your Attitudes of Success
- You are passionate about making a difference in communities in less developed countries
- You enjoy supporting and mentoring others to help them succeed
- You are energetic, hard-working and do not hesitate to jump into the action
- You have a positive working attitude and excellent problem-solving skills
- You are eager to learn a wide range of new skills
- An eye for photography or videography
- Experience in working with children or youth
- Experience in leadership (formal or informal)
We love new ideas and are looking for passionate people, so if this sounds like the position for you, apply below today!
We are hiring on a rolling basis, so please submit the following documents to Victoria Eriksson at Victoria@futuresense.co.uk as soon as possible:
- Your CV (in English)
- A covering letter outlining why you’d make the perfect addition to our team
- 2 professional references
We are passionate about making a difference to individuals and communities we serve, always acting with integrity, empathy and energy to develop innovative solutions to meet their aspirations.