There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
**This position is located in Spring Hill, TN**
At General Motors we strive for a culture of excellence. We act with integrity. We are driven by ingenuity and innovation. We have the courage to do and say what’s difficult. Each of us takes accountability for results, drives for continued efficiencies, and has the tenacity to win.
We are seeking Entry Level Manufacturing Electrical Engineers to do hands-on work that could add directly to the bottom line of our culture and our company. You will have many responsibilities and accountabilities like control systems engineering and electrical support for programs. You will learn how to lead electrical projects for several different areas of the plant including operations improvements and new and replacement programs. This is a hands-on position in which you may work with periodic repairs and to provide technical support and direction to support personnel/skilled trades.
- Investigate system and equipment problems and provides technical guidance in problem resolution
- Develop cost estimates, investment forecasts, business cases, appropriation requests and plans for minor project activity
- Coordinate with area manufacturing engineers on process and equipment planning, including model change, throughput, sourcing, etc.
- Support GMS and Quality Network implementation initiatives
- Utilize statistical methods for continuous improvement on plant systems
- Implement safe work practices as the highest priority and implements objectives for ergonomics, health/safety and housekeeping
- Maintain good working relationships with peers, hourly employees, union, management, supplier community and collaborates with vital support functions outside of the assembly plant
- Develop and supervises planning timetables and projects schedules
- Coordinate and communicates the development of changes to improve conditions for the assembly process
- Electrical root cause analysis and problem solving
- Programming of manufacturing technology
- Analyze product, process, and technology to figure out best methods of manufacture
- Assist in the design and building of tools and equipment or recommends improvements to existing processes
- Assist maintenance personnel in operation and maintenance of niche equipment
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Able to work fulltime, 40 hours per week
- Willing to work in a plant environment
- Graduated between Spring 2021 and Spring 2022
- Prior internship in automotive, technology, or manufacturing
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- Demonstrates leadership in field of study, extra-curricular activities, or service organizations
- Strong leadership skills, to guide project teams through planning, execution, and insight phases
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, especially the ability to synthesize large amounts of data involving multiple variables into comprehensive, applicable insights
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, managing timelines and goals
- Willingness to ask questions, take initiative and be resourceful and inventive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to distill sophisticated subjects to a wider audience
- Emerging partnership and teamwork skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a rapidly moving environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability, and trust
- Deliver new and creative solutions to sophisticated problems
Relocation assistance is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.