There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Our Global Communications team strives for ways to better engage our customers, build relationships and tell the stories from across the entire organization that reflect our industry leadership. It’s how we keep a finger on the market pulse and gain insights that help our products and services deliver beyond expectations!
Internship Focus Areas:
- Product/Brand: Media relations, product knowledge, story pitching, teamwork and collaboration with other functions (Marketing, Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering), along with executive communications.
- Manufacturing: Employee communications, product knowledge, negotiating with union partners, media relations, public policy/government relations, community relations, crisis management, business leadership team dynamics.
- Corporate: employee communications (IC role), media relations, issues management, collaborating with senior leaders, story pitching, broadcast, internal events management.
Additional Job Description & Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 overall GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Sophomore status or above
- Demonstrates leadership in field of study, extra-curricular activities or service organizations
- Able to work full-time – 40 hours per week during the summer months
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- Oral and written communication skills with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
- Emerging partnership and teamwork skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
Housing assistance is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.