Comparative Biosciences, Inc, a member of Genesis Biotechnology Group is looking to grow our team in the Sunnyvale, CA area. We are currently looking for a full time Research Associate I.
The ideal candidates for the Research Associate l will assist and execute scientific studies performed at CBI. This will include performing clinical observations of animals and the essential duties and responsibilities required by the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dosing rodents by oral, intraperitoneal, intravenous and intramuscular routes.
- Performing clinical observations of animals in quarantine and on study.
- Surgical procedures as well as setting up and taking down for surgery.
- Necropsy of animals.
- Collecting data and maintaining accurate and neat study books.
- Understanding and complying SOPs, GLPs, and other applicable regulations.
- Some animal husbandry as needed.
- Performing any other tasks required by the facility, as qualified by training and experience.
- Working in an efficient and timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Interacting with clients efficiently and cooperatively.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- BS degree in a scientific field
- AALAS certification referred, or equivalent experience
- Concise written and verbal communication skills including knowledge of scientific vernacular necessary
- Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Able to work in a fast paced matrix environment
- Must be goal oriented and highly self-motivated
- Activities may require standing for extended periods
- Work is predominantly performed on company site
- Traveling by commercial means or in a personal vehicle may be necessary on rare occasion to accomplish training or business interests.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Dependent Care Flex Spending Account
- Legal Plan & Identity Theft Protection
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holiday
- Business Casual Environment
- Credit Union
This job description is designed to outline the essential job functions and qualifications of this position. It is in no way a contract of employment between the Company and the employee. The information contained in this document may or may not be used in performance reviews, salary reviews, or promotion considerations. Job duties, responsibilities, and/or qualifications of this job may change throughout the course of employment as directed by the management of the Company.