Are you energized by a logistics planning role that will enhance your leadership skills and allow you to drive regional supply strategies? If so, this Materials Manager role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As a Materials Manager, you will manage the site logistics operations including warehouse operations, production Planning, materials and components supply and inventory management.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Comply with all operational safety, process safety, environmental permits, Quality policies, procedures and training requirements.
- Actively serves as a member of the Site Leadership Team in a manner that supports site goals and objectives.
- Develops and implements cost reduction and continuous improvement opportunities within the department.
- Maintains inventory levels of all Tums raw materials, components, and finished goods to ensure adherence to site and corporate objectives.
- Manages all aspects of Shipping and Receiving and inside/outside warehouse operations.
- Responsible for scheduling production and customer service of all SKUs manufactured and packed in St. Louis site.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of the Flexible Fixed Repeating Schedule for production and packaging activities.
- Responsible for managing the relationships between the site and the Planning hub and the TUMS commercial team.
- Support SAP activities to assure the End to end process flows properly.
- Be tactical and strategic lead of all activities related to Materials management to assure a clear orientation to site goals.
- Deploy DAI culture across the Operations organization and sustain the projects oriented to support the 5 attributes (Data & Analytical Information, Customer Obsess, Agility, Growth mindset and Execution Powerhouse).
- Identify and support plans to mitigate risks impacting Safety, Process safety, Quality, Compliance, Business and Financial.
- Make sure GPS (GlaxoSmithKline Production System) is very well deployed into Warehouse activities and the team is embedded in the fundamentals of GPS.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in a cGMP environment preferred leading Materials management, Logistic and Warehouse activities
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Demonstrated ability to initiate process improvement and develop Root Cause Analysis to support safety investigations.
- Proven ability to influence others and foster collaboration.
- Ability to facilitate groups and individuals through the decision making process.
- Demonstrated program and project management skills.
- Experience coordinating manpower requirements meeting daily operational goals.
- Ability to attract and develop talent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of production models and capacity scheduling.
- Ability to think strategically as well as manage day to day tactical issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage performance.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office programs.
- Good organizational and team oriented skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Certification in Production and Inventor Management.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action – a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.