American Village Camps seek energetic, creative, initiative-takers who are fluent English speakers & love working with children.
We’ve been running English immersion camps in France since 1994!
Our English Language Counselors live at our immersion camps, scattered in the countryside across France. They lead activities & English classes for French children between the ages of 7 & 17 years old. Counselors are responsible for the safety and well-being of the campers under their care.
– Are you a team player, organized, and able to disconnect from technology during working hours (no smartphones while with the kids)?
– Are you capable of organizing activities: sports, arts & crafts, dance, large scale games?
– Are you excited about performing in skits, telling stories, leading songs & cheers?
– Are you creative and excited about brainstorming as a team?
– Are you receptive to learning about our approach to teaching English, and implementing it in and outside of the classroom?
The average contract length is 6 – 8 weeks.
We are seeking counselors for the following dates in 2021 :
Overnight camps (housing provided):
• Spring: 4 – 8 week positions starting April 13, April 21, May 13, May 21
• Summer: 4 – 9 week positions starting: June 23rd or June 30th, 2021
Day camp in Paris (no housing provided) :
• Spring: April 17 – April 30, 2021
• Summer: July 03 – July 23, or July 03 to August 13, 2021
– Required experience: camp counseling, childcare, &/or teaching experience
– Native speaker of English with a high school diploma from a high school in an Anglophone country or Fluent C1 Level English with corresponding certificate.
– Correct grammar and spelling on application
– Knowledge of north American or British history and culture, preferably through travel or studies
– 20 years old is the minimum age requirement for foreign counselors. A typical applicant is between 20 and 35 years old.
– Clear criminal history
– Must be able to enter Schengen Zone as a tourist (for example: US, Canadians and British are allowed this with a valid passport.) or be an European national.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic’s impact on worldwide travel, we have to make modifications to our recruitment policies. We are at this time unable to hire outside of EU Member States + Schengen Associated countries because of international travel restrictions.
– We will also consider fluent English speakers (non-native speakers) for language counselor positions from April-August. We will consider candidates with C1 level of English, or higher.
– All staff are required to wear a mask during the entire duration of employment
Read all the Covid & Camp information on the American Village recruitment website: https://www.job-americanvillage.com/en/coronavirus
- communication skills
– A salary for all days worked: 1170 Euros / month.
– Shared dorm-style housing with other counselors, bedding included.
– Meals included.
– Free laundry services are available at least once a week.
– No fees associated with the obtainment of your temporary work permit (North Americans).
– Absolutely no application fee to apply to this job.
– All counselors may request a 55€ defrayal of train travel to their village (within France).
– Accident insurance while working for work-related injuries.
– We have multiple camps running simultaneously across France. Nacel pays for any work-related transportation costs if the counselor changes camps.