Grand Canyon Unified School District #4 seeks qualified persons interested in a K-12 Music/Band teaching position here at the beautiful Grand Canyon National Park. This is a full time position for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Meet the criteria for Highly Qualified Teacher
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, school personnel, and parents, and an ability to work cooperatively with others
- Ability to motivate students and get them excited about learning
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: To provide sound educational programs for all children, with the focus on art, including those who require adaptations in the educational environment.
To use effective leadership, supervisory and administrative skills to promote the educational development of each student.
To help students resolve academic problems as may interfere with them getting the greatest benefit from the school’s educational opportunities, academic programs and related services.
- Develops and implements plans for the curriculum program assigned and show written evidence of preparation as required
- Prepares lessons that reflect accommodation for individual student differences
- Presents the subject matter(s) according to guidelines established by Arizona Department of Education, board policies, and administrative regulations
- Plans and uses appropriate instructional/learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect accommodation for individual needs of students assigned
- Review data to make instructional decisions to address student weaknesses
- Administer and interpret assessment data to determine adequate progress, determine those in need of supplemental or intensive intervention
- Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods
- Plans and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteer(s)
- Uses technologies in the teaching/learning process
- Assists students in analyzing and improving methods of study
- Consistently assess student achievement through formal and informal testing
- Assumes responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned and may sponsor outside activities approved by the school
- Presents a positive role model for students that supports the mission of the school
- Creates a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social, and emotional development of students
- Manages student behavior in the classroom and administer discipline according to board policies, administrative regulations
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials
- Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with students, parents, and community members
- Uses acceptable communication skills to present information accurately and clearly
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, committee meetings, and work sessions as required by the Principal
- Exhibit professional judgment and responsibility at all times
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible
- Promote professional improvement through reading educational journals and books, exploring educational research, enrolling in college courses, participating in staff development activities, and membership in professional organizations
- Follow all rules, regulations, and board policies approved by the Governing board and follow directives from superiors
- Follow attendance policy as assigned by supervisor
- Participates cooperatively with the Principal to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in conformance with guidelines
- Participates in curriculum development programs as required
- Uphold and enforce school rules, administrative regulations, board policies, and present subject matter(s) according to established guidelines
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required
- Supervises assigned teacher aide(s)
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with state testing program
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and written); ability to instruct; interpret policy and maintain emotional control under stress
- The administration has the right to add or change duties at any time
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Ten month school year, 4 Day work week. Salary will be based on the Certified Salary Schedule. Housing is provided with this position.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the Board policy on Evaluation of Professional Certified Personnel.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the above mentioned tasks, knowledge, skills, and characteristics. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive list of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this classification.
APPLICATION: Elementary Musik teacher applications available on the school web page at www.grandcanyonschool.org under employment vacancies. For questions please contact the District office at (928) 638-2461, ext. 400.
Grand Canyon Unified School District #4
100 Boulder Street
PO Box 519
Grand Canyon, AZ 86023
Applications will be accepted for this position until filled
Grand Canyon Unified School District #4 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.