The first three years of Trump’s presidency have already caused untold damage.. He has relentlessly attacked the rights of immigrants and refugees, undone progress on LGBTQ equality, and dangerously undermined reproductive rights and abortion access. Through executive actions, stacking courts with conservative judges, and inspiring the worst in lawmakers across the country, his first term has already had disastrous consequences. This year, we have to stop him.
In 2020 we can right the course of history by building a groundswell of public support for organizations that will advance progressive issues and by removing Trump and his cronies from office.
Grassroots Campaigns is running outreach canvasses to get new activists and donors involved with groups like Planned Parenthood, ACLU so that they can prevent and undo Trump administration damage. This fall, we’ll launch voter turnout campaigns in critical districts to elect progressive leaders up and down the ballot. To do it, we’ll need the new generation of political leaders to take the helm.
We’re seeking ambitious, hard-working people to join our team as Campaign Leadership Fellows this summer. Fellows will start in one of our year-round offices where they’ll receive on-the-ground training and experience managing a canvass outreach program. After a few months of mentorship on the core recruitment, staff management, and leadership development skills, they’ll fan out across the country to launch and manage 2020 election programs.
- Recruit a staff of 15-50 canvassers
- Train your team to be effective canvassers, fundraisers, and recruiters
- Lead by example by canvassing in the field 3-4 times every week
- Learn core campaign skills as you work to beat ambitious campaign goals
- At the end of summer, apply what you’ve learned to launch a new campaign in a battleground district and help win the 2020 elections
- Dedication to progressive political change
- Excellent communication and motivational skills
- Poise and sense of humor in high-stakes, ever-changing work environments
- Proven ability to shoulder significant responsibility
- Exceptional work-ethic
- Previous field or canvassing experience is a plus, and may lead to opportunities for additional leadership positions
- Fellowships begin from May-June, and campaigns will run until Election Day: November 3, 2020. There will be opportunities for continuing campaign work following the elections (not necessarily in the same location).
- Relocation will be required, and you may not know your election assignment far in advance, so geographic flexibility is a must
- This is a full-time position that requires long and irregular hours–once election campaigns start, you should be prepared for a “24/7” approach to hitting your goals
Grassroots Campaigns provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or military or veteran status in accordance with all applicable laws. We don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above.
We’re committed to building a diverse leadership team. Women, minorities, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.