How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Physical Therapist at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- A focus on restoring function, activities of daily living, gross motor skills/coordination, preventing further disability as a result of trauma, disease, amputation, congenital defects, surgery and other debilitating illnesses
- Gathering all information necessary to properly evaluate the patient’s needs, including testing and consultations with other health care professionals, as appropriate
- Incorporating evaluative findings in establishing time-oriented functional and measurable short and long-term goals, while considering both the patient’s and caregiver’s goals in the formulation of the plan of care
- Developing a rapport and mutual respect with the patient/caregiver, as well as team members, to foster an optimum environment in support of goal achievement
- Recommends and provides education related to utilization of appropriate therapy equipment (i.e. assistive devices, taping, bracing)
- Provides and documents education to patients/caregivers based upon identified learning needs in an understandable manner
- Current and valid New Jersey Physical Therapy license is required
- CPR certification by American Heart Association is preferred
- Ability to navigate computer systems, be flexible/adaptable, and have a positive attitude
- Graduated from an APTA accredited program or equivalent
- Master’s or Doctoral degree in Physical Therapy preferred
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
- Availability for weekend and Holiday rotation is required
- Experience working in acute care is required